Best for Accountants
Best for Beginners
Bookkeeping is a useful skill to have when you’re launching your own company, working in finance, or hoping to progress in your profession.
But with various courses on bookkeeping out there, how do you figure out which one would be the best for you?
After researching and checking out the top bookkeeping courses available online, we’ve selected the top three best bookkeeping courses.
Keep reading to figure out the ideal course you should choose to advance your career as a bookkeeper.
The top 3 best bookkeeping courses
- Bookkeeper Launch – Editors choice
- Booming Bookkeeping Business – Best for accountants
- 60-Day Bookkeeping – Best for beginners
We put in many hours researching and testing courses and comparing them to the standards we have established for each category. To identify the top online bookkeeping courses, we have assessed each course based on a number of criteria including:
- Course structure and organization
- Support certifications
- Learning techniques
- Content depth
- Breadth of coverage
- Relevancy and quality
1. Bookkeeper Launch – Editors Choice
Best suited for – Beginners to bookkeeping, aspiring financial advisors, and virtual bookkeeping business owners.
Pricing – $2,500
Taught by an expert bookkeeper
Hands-on learning through video
21st century bookkeeping skills
90-day program might be considered lengthy
Bookkeeper Launch is a comprehensive guide that assists both beginner and seasoned bookkeepers to establish profitable online businesses.
This online course covers current bookkeeping techniques as well as business development and marketing strategies.
The course includes six major sections and two extra missions, along with a ton of goodies, tricks, advice, and assistance.
It has multiple units further subdivided into smaller portions. Depending on which platform version you bought, the actual content varies.
- Educational Resources – There is a wide variety of educational resources available with this course. Students get access to audio, video, and transcript resources. In addition, case studies and templates that can be useful for marketing and financial transaction tracking are available for you to view. Workbooks and practice questions are also available to help you get ready for tests. Short quizzes are given after each subunit, and major assessments will be given once all of the course’s units have been completed. Quickbooks Online is also accessible with Bookkeeper Launch which can be used for practical instruction and testing as well.
- Assistance for Students – Students can benefit from several forms of support both during and after your course. During live Q&A sessions, students get the opportunity to ask direct questions to the instructors, other trainees, and even the designer of the module. In addition, you also become a member of the expanding private Facebook community and receive indefinite email support.
- A 7-Day Exclusive Plan To Start Your Business – The course also offers a detailed plan for a “business launch” strategy, which teaches you how to formally register your company, gives an idea of the comprehensive inventory of all the licenses and permissions you will require with an instruction guide to assist you in obtaining them, the optimal method for configuring your merchant and bank accounts to enable payment and teach safe and efficient customer onboarding techniques.
- Other Courses – In addition to its main all-inclusive training program, Bookkeeper Launch also offers individual courses. However, these are geared more toward individuals who wish to start their own bookkeeping company. The options offered can help you start, expand, scale, optimize, and transform, depending on your objective.
Bookkeeper Launch is a great option for aspiring bookkeepers who want to gain a thorough understanding of not just bookkeeping but also the crucial elements of managing a profitable bookkeeping firm.
It features a well-structured curriculum, extensive assistance, and a hands-on approach.Get started with Bookkeeper Launch
2. Booming Bookkeeping Business – Best for accountants
Best suited for – Established businesses and accountants, growing accounting entities
Pricing – $2,364
Taught by a CPA
Accounting training module
Focuses on skills for gaining clients
Great for accountants
Course are somewhat basic
Requires you to live in the U.S.
With the Booming Bookkeeping Business course, you learn everything you need to know about using Quickbooks and the crucial aspects of accounting that you’ll need for bookkeeping.
It also focuses on how to set up your profiles on Quickbooks ProAdvisor, LinkedIn, and other platforms through the program’s courses and resources.
- Learn How to Launch a Bookkeeping Business – This course teaches the fundamentals of small-scale bookkeeping and accounting. It covers accounting instruction, the usage of charts and journal entries, what a bookkeeper may accomplish with the Quickbooks program, and how to properly set up your profile so that everything is ready for you to begin receiving clients.
- Program for Sales Training – It also contains a quick sales training program to teach you how to locate clients using traditional cold calling techniques as well as social media, LinkedIn, Google, and directories of companies seeking accounting specialists.
- Exclusive Free Training – You can access exclusive free training that teaches how to start a bookkeeping business from scratch and get clients without expensive advertisements.
- Tips, Skills and Tools – The Booming Bookkeeping course also teaches you how to use the necessary skills and extra tools you’ll need to run your bookkeeping business.
Booming Bookkeeping focuses on how to build a bookkeeping business and gain clients in addition to learning the necessary skills needed to become a professional bookkeeper.
This course is a good option for anyone looking to learn accounting and sales required in the bookkeeping field.
3. 60-Day Bookkeeper – Best for beginners
Best suited for – Beginners, individuals looking to start a part-time bookkeeping business
Pricing – $1997
Good for beginners
Library of free bonuses
Lots of successful students
Not useful for intermediate learners
60-Day Bookkeeper teaches you how to become highly accurate and professional in this specialized sector through step-by-step instructions for starting a bookkeeping firm without the need for degrees, licenses, or prior bookkeeping expertise.
Using the least amount of money on marketing other outmoded strategies, it teaches newcomers three easy yet effective ways to build an accounting firm.
Along with advice on how to accelerate growth, you will receive instructions every step of the way.
- Complete Training by a CPA for Beginners – This course offers step-by-step training for the necessary technical bookkeeping skills to become a highly skilled bookkeeper. It is packed with worksheets, homework assignments, and quizzes for better learning and understanding.
- Certification Preparation to Ace the ProAdvisor Test – This course helps you become a Certified ProAdvisor and find out how you can become certified at no cost and get free publicity for your new company.
- Training for Business Setup – The “Business Building Activities” provided by 60-Day Bookkeeper helps you get trained for business setup. They help you register your business, set up your EIN, and other important steps to get your business started. In addition, you also learn client-finding strategies and how to get past the experience barrier.
- Several free resources on signing up – 60-Day Bookkeeper offers many free resources including: A Searchable and On-Demand Coaching Call Library, 12-Month Student Subscription to QuickBooks Online, Bookkeeper’s Template Vault with access to all the necessary tools and templates needed by a professional bookkeeper, Private student community access, Website and marketing bundle, Live coaching calls every week for Q/A, and Free tech stack.
The 60-Day Bookkeeper course is a great option for those who want to start their professional journey as a virtual bookkeeper.
This course includes training from the basics to help build a solid foundation in the profession and offers many free resources to start a career in the field.
Which bookkeeping course is Right for you?
Starting a virtual bookkeeping business can serve as a great side hustle or help you start your career from home.
With these great options of bookkeeping courses designed by experts, you can avail the skills and tools needed to kickstart your career as a bookkeeper.